The NWT Amateur Speed Skating Association invites you to attend the 2020 NWT Speed Skating Championships, Feb 29 – Mar 1, 2020 in Yellowknife, NT.
About the Meet:
- Ability format. Skaters will be ranked based on seed times, and groups will be selected based on these seed time rankings. This is a modified ability meet, meaning that skaters will race against boys and girls with similar seed times to their own.
- Relays will be skated if there is time at the end of the competition. Relay team selection will be discussed at the Coaches Meeting.
- Skaters aged 5 and under (on or before June 30, 2019) are in the Rocket category and skate only at lunch on Feb 29. Skaters aged 6 and up race all day.
- All skaters must wear the required gear or they will not be permitted to race.
- Rockets: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets or CSA-approved helmets (those used for hockey, snowboard/ski and skateboarding only), cut-resistant gloves or mitts, and knee pads.
- All other skaters must wear the following protective equipment: ASTM F 1849 certified helmets 2or CSA-approved helemts, safety glasses with strap, bib-style neck guard, cut-resistant gloves or mitts, knee pads, and shin pads.
- Skaters T2T and older must wear a cut-resistant undersuit or cut-resistant skin suit.
Online Registration (includes waiver): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7Qsc4EAOJn6rUE4OIYW3I-HLqpjbmiO8CPoJivQXSLT3vBQ/viewform
Fees: All divisions $45/skater; Rockets are FREE! 1
- Clubs outside of Yellowknife
- Make cheques payable to NWT Amateur Speed Skating Association (NWTASSA)
- One cheque per club
- Yellowknife Club
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque (payable to the Yellowknife Speed Skating Club) or EMT (send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to use the password “yellowknife” and indicated which skater your transfer is for.)
Entry Format and Deadline:
- Coach or Club representative: Please complete one summary sheet per club including seed times for all skaters.
- Email summary sheets to NWTASSA Sport Director, at email@example.com by midnight Thursday, February 20, 2020.
- Any changes or potential scratches should be sent as soon as possible.
Late entries are not guaranteed participation. If participation is possible, the registration fee will be double.
Medals will be awarded after the completion of competition on March 1, 2020 for each group.
Subject to change. Clubs will be notified.
Friday, Febraury 28, 2020:
Practice Ice: 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. for out of town skaters.
Coaches Meeting: 7:00 p.m., PSAV room, Multiplex.
Saturday, Febraury 29, 2020 & Sunday, March 1, 2020:
8:00AM On-ice warm–ups
9:00AM Racing begins
Please volunteer – we need your help!
Many officials and helpers are needed to put on this fun event.
Please contact Martin Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer as an official or meet helper. Positions include: timers, place judges, lap counters, runners, clerks of course, on-ice track stewards.
There will be coffee and food for officials, volunteers and coaches available at the meet. We need volunteers to help feed our officals, volunteers and coaches! If you are in Yellowknife and able to make
something, please contact Jana Dunn at email@example.com.
Concession is located upstairs in the arena.
Grocery store is 2 blocks away.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2020 NWT Speed Skating Championships.
• Meet Coordinator: Jody Pellissey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• NWTASSA Sport Director: Andrew Goodwin (email@example.com)