NWT Speed Skating invites applications for two coaching positions with Team NWT at the 2018 Arctic Winter Games.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Team NWT at a home Arctic Winter Games in Fort Smith! NWT speed skaters are often associated with success at the Arctic Winter Games but, more than anything, this event is about providing a focused, fun and memorable multi-sport games experience to our young athletes – and our coaches, too.
Please download the NWT Speed Skating Selection Policy and 2018 Arctic Winter Games Technical Package before applying.
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or eligible for and able to demonstrate active pursuit of Canadian citizenship;
• have been continuously resident in the Northwest Territories for at least six months prior to the start of the event for which they are selected; or
• if attending school or otherwise temporarily resident outside the NWT, be able to demonstrate to NWTASSA’s satisfaction that the territory remains their home residence;
• be members in good standing with NWTASSA;
• agree to be bound by the NWTASSA Code of Conduct and any other applicable (e.g. Team NWT) code of conduct;
• once selected, hold regular training sessions and maintain communication with athletes representing the Northwest Territories.
Applications will be considered by NWTASSA according to the following criteria:
• Speed skating qualifications achieved to date;
• Experience as a coach, manager and/or athlete;
• Active involvement with speed skating in the NWT;
• Fulfilment of all eligibility criteria in this policy and the 2018 AWG Technical Package.
Coaches must use this form to apply online, or may print the form and submit a paper version to NWT Speed Skating, Box 2664, Yellowknife, X1A 2P9.
Successful applicants are expected to be available to coach at both the Arctic Winter Games (Fort Smith, March 18-24, 2018, excluding travel days) and Territorial Trials (Yellowknife, January 18-20, 2018, excluding travel days).
Applications must be received by 10pm mountain time on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.