NWT Speed Skating invites applications for two coaching positions at the 2018 Canada West Championships in Abbotsford, BC.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the NWT’s leading young speed skaters at a key development event in the annual calendar, taking place on March 17-18, 2018.
Please download the NWT Speed Skating Selection Policy and this Speed Skating Canada Competitions Bulletin before applying.
• be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or eligible for and able to demonstrate active pursuit of Canadian citizenship;
• have been continuously resident in the Northwest Territories for at least six months prior to the start of the event for which they are selected; or
• if attending school or otherwise temporarily resident outside the NWT, be able to demonstrate to NWTASSA’s satisfaction that the territory remains their home residence;
• be members in good standing with NWTASSA;
• agree to be bound by the NWTASSA Code of Conduct and any other applicable (e.g. Speed Skating Canada) code of conduct;
• once selected, hold regular training sessions and maintain communication with athletes representing the Northwest Territories.
Importantly, coaches must hold at least Introduction to Competition NCCP certification to be eligible for consideration.
Applications will be considered by NWTASSA according to the following criteria:
• Speed skating qualifications achieved to date;
• Experience as a coach, manager and/or athlete;
• Active involvement with speed skating in the NWT;
• Fulfilment of all eligibility criteria in this policy and Speed Skating Canada’s Competitions Bulletin.
Coaches must use this form to apply online, or may print the form and submit a paper version to NWT Speed Skating, Box 2664, Yellowknife, X1A 2P9.
Successful applicants must be available to coach at CanWest in Abbotsford, BC, on March 17-18, 2018, as well as a training day on March 16 at the same venue and adjacent travel days.
Applications must be received by 10pm mountain time on Wednesday, January 10, 2017.